Level N5 User Language Skills
Able to read and understand typical expressions and phrases written in hiragana , katakana , and basically kanji .
He is able to listen to and understand conversations on topics that are regularly encountered in everyday life situations and is able to get the necessary information from short conversations that the speakers speak slowly.
Level N4 User Language Skills:
Able to read and understand phrases related to familiar everyday topics written in basic vocabulary and kanji .
He is able to listen and understand conversations about everyday life and generally follow their content, provided that the speakers speak relatively slowly.
Level N3 User Language Skills:
- Is able to understand texts with specific content related to everyday issues.
- He is also able to understand brief information, such as newspaper headlines.
- In addition, he is able to read writings encountered in everyday situations and understand the main points of the content.
- He is able to listen to and understand coherent conversations in everyday situations, spoken at almost natural speed, and is generally able to follow their content as well as understand the relationships between the people involved.
Level N2User Language Skills:
- Can read clearly written texts on a variety of topics, such as articles and comments in newspapers and magazines, as well as simple reviews and understand their content.
- He is also able to read general texts, follow narratives, and understand the authors’ intentions.
- He is able to understand coherent discussions, reports, news bulletins, speeches of almost natural speed in everyday situations.
Level N1 User Language Skills:
- Is able to comprehend written texts with logical complexity and / or abstract texts on a variety of topics, such as major newspaper articles and reviews, both their structures and their content.
- He is also able to read texts with complex content on various topics and to follow complex narratives of authors as a whole.
- Is able to understand discussions, reports, news bulletins, lectures, speeches at natural speed on a variety of topics. Also understand details and logical structures.